How to look good and attractive is going to be a small series you will love. We are going to be looking at ways to make sure we look our best. You have that dinner party you are planning to attend but you are pretty worried about what to wear and what way to look. You don’t really need a stylist or model to look the best, all you need is a little effort and get the knowledge you need.
Getting the right hair style and that perfect dress are quite difficult to figure out, especially for women, but with a little commitment, you can just get it right. We are going to be taking this topic part by part, stay connected. Keep reading to acquire more about how to look the best and stand out from the crowd.
Part one: Hair Style Selection
- Keep to trends. Selecting the perfect hairstyle is actually quite difficult to figure out as I said earlier. The first step to getting the perfect hairstyle is to know the hottest trends out there. Go through hairstyle magazines, celebrity lifestyle pages and fashion magazines to know or have an idea of which hair styles and color are presently widespread. For men, get to know the color of hair dyes that are trending. For women, get to know the color of hair weaves that are making the waves. Knowing the trends is not the only thing though, but a step to getting the perfect hairstyle you desire.
- Make sure you look at a lot of styles. The internet and social media will also be of great help.
- One thing you need to know is that some trends come and go, they have lifespans. Make sure to choose carefully, choose more recent trending hairstyles.
- Know the texture of your hair. Knowing the latest hairstyle isn’t just going to do the magic, you need to know the hairstyle that will be best considering your hair texture. Some hairstyles make look good on your friend but bad on you. Hair texture may be one of the reasons. These are the things to note
- The four basic hair textures are straight, curly, kinky and wavy. Considering each category, hair can be fine, medium or coarse.
- For men: consider short styles if you have thin hair instead of longer ones. Also short hair style for kinky hair. Those with curly hair have a variety of hairstyle available to them, shorter style tames the curls while longer styles are also perfect but it requires work to preserve.
- For women: if you have fine hair, look for styles that add volume with layering or texturing. Stay away from flat styles or styles that will require many extra hair products to “hold” in place. If you have medium hair, you can usually enjoy a variety of styling options. If you have coarse hair, look for styles that thin out excess volume and avoid styles that add volume or texture.
- Choose the hair style that suit your face. Faces are different, each one have a different outline. This outline of the face have a way they affect hair styles. Choose a style considering your facial shape.
- Oval faces: Men should avoid bangs with this face shape and should leave as much of their face uncovered as possible. On the other hand, women should try to break up the overall length of the face by adding details like blunt bangs or side swept bangs.
- Round faces: Men should chose styles that lengthen the forehead and also keep plenty of hair along the sides of the face. Women should consider an uneven cut with plenty of layers in it to add the appearance of length to the face. If opting for a shorter style, avoid “round” styles like traditional bobs and stick with defined pixie cuts and or choppy bobs.
- Heart faces: Men may wish to consider longer styles that drop down past the cheekbone so that they can emphasize the bottom of their face while minimizing the bulk of the top. Women should look for medium and longer styles that are thin toward the top of the head and thicker toward the bottom, thereby balancing out the heart shape.
- Square faces: Men should keep bangs off the forehead to avoid adding extra angles to an already angled appearance. They should also avoid center parts. Women should look for hairstyles that add roundness to the face, like a classic bob, since these soften otherwise sharp edges. Avoid styles that add too much bulk, though.
Note: bangs also means fringes.
Also read fashion and social identity
That will be all about hair style selection and I hope you learnt one or two. Stick around for part two. Views and suggestions in the comment section.